It’s that time again for us to name our top five contemporary reads of 2012. Some of these came out this year and some of them are older. Regardless of when they came out these are the top contemporary books we each read this year. We are linking them back to our review of them, and in the off chance we didn’t write a review then we are linking it to GR. *Note..I had the covers in here all nice and pretty however for some reason they kept coming out all screwy *
Heather ~ For me 2012 was the year of contemporaries. I read more of those then any other genre and let me tell you it was so hard to choose the top 5. I swear I changed this so many times. It finally came down to which books I read more than once. So without further ado here is my list…
1. Prefect Fit by Carly Phillips. I can sum up in two words why this book is number one on my list. Mike Marsden. Of all the heroes I read this year he was by far my favorite.
2. About that Night by Julie James. Kyle Rhodes aka the Twitter Terrorist is one amazing hero. Rylann is the perfect heroine for him as she doesn’t take any of his crap, in fact she always had. My favorite part of the book is when Kyle’s best friend upon meeting Rylnn exclaims “The chicken wing girl.” I loved everything about this book. I think I read this book ten times this year.
3. All He Ever Needed by Shannon Stacey. Oh how I love this family, and Mitch well I think he just might be my favorite of all the Kowalski’s. And his heroine Paige well lets just say she gives a run for his money.
4. Rocky Mountain Desire by Vivian Arend. From the first book in this series when we first meet Matt I was intrigued, and then when what happens to him in the 2nd book happens, well lets just say Vivian does a great job of building up to his story and then delivering on that promise.
5. Lucky in Love by Jill Shalvis. Oh there was just something about this book. I’m not sure if it was because we finally got to meet sexy mysterious guy, or the fact that the combination of Mallory and Ty together and some of the things that happen to them.
Honorable Mentions ~ There was so many good books that I had to mention a couple of the other books I read this year that I loved. Not all of them came out this year, but I read them for the first time this year.
Helen’s Top Five
5. The darkest Hour by Maya Banks
Janon’s Top Five