What’s Christmas without cookies? Some of my fondest memories are of helping my grandmother decorate Christmas cookies. I’ve got to say looking back now, she was a really good sport. I think more sprinkles ended up on the floor instead of the cookies.
And even now that I have a family, we always make Christmas cookies. It’s a family affair. And we aren’t going to discuss the sprinkles on the floor. 😉
So what’s my take on cookies? They can bring a family together with some people decorating and others waiting to snag a cookie as they come out of the oven—the designated taste testers. 😉 But throughout the event there’s laughing, talking, sharing, and togetherness. It doesn’t get any better than that.
Rolled Sugar Cookies
* 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
* ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
* 1 cup sugar
* 3 tsp vanilla
* 2 ¼ cups flour
* ½ tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until well blended.
3. Add baking soda. Blend. Slowly add flour, blending after each small addition until all flour is blended.
4. Place in a Ziploc bag.
5. Refrigerate for an hour minimum.
6. Roll and cut into your favorite shapes. And decorate.
7. Bake 6 to 8 minutes.
8. And enjoy!