Mermaid Annika is from the sea, and it is there she must return after her quest to find the stars. New to this world, her purity and beauty are nothing less than breathtaking, along with her graceful athleticism, as her five new friends discovered when they retrieved the fire star.
Now, through space and time, traveler Sawyer King has brought the guardians to the island of Capri, where the water star is hidden. And as he watches Annika in her element, he finds himself drawn to her joyful spirit. But Sawyer knows that if he allows her into his heart, no compass could ever guide him back to solid ground…
And in the darkness, their enemy broods. She lost one star to the guardians, but there is still time for blood to be spilled—the mermaid’s in the water and the traveler’s on the land. For she has forged a dangerous new weapon. Something deadly and unpredictable. Something human.
Thoughts: Once again Nora pens a story that sweeps us away and has us wondering how in the heck she’s going to pull off a HEA when the main couple come from such different worlds…and yet it works. They work.
This is going to be another bullet review…
- the gang is on the hunt for the next star
- the enemy’s new henchman is someone that Sawyer has met before and barely escaped from
- watching Sawyer and Annika admit and act on their feelings brings all the warm and fuzzies
- we get to know more about Sawyer and his compass (his back story might just be my favorite so far)
- my only complaint is we didn’t get to know about Annika’s world
- the danger and intrigue heats up and all of them have to make choices they might not otherwise
After reading this book I had to go back and read Three Sisters Island Trilogy because it was written much like she wrote those and reminded me once again why I’ve been reading her for more than 25 yrs.
Grade A (this one is going to the top of my favorite Nora pnr books)