In Diablo Lake, Washington, a town populated by werewolves, witches, and more, magic woven deep into the earth protects the town’s secrets from outsiders.
Katie Grady left Diablo Lake to get over a humiliating breakup; but her family needs her help, so she’s back, in a sublet right across the hall from the guy she’s lusted after for years. Jace Dooley is hotter than ever, and their friendship picks up along with massive doses of grown-up chemistry.
The very scent of Katie sharpens Jace’s canines, makes the wolf within him stir. There’s nothing more alluring to a Pack Alpha than a sexy female who is so very in charge. She won’t be coddled, but if he plays his hand just right she might be convinced to become his.
Katie presents a challenge to Jace’s wolf nature, whose chief instinct is to protect. Especially now that she’s coming into the magic that is her birthright – and suddenly Jace isn’t the only one who’s interested in Katie, or the raw power she’s just learning to use.
Thoughts: Lauren Dane is a master storyteller who can sweep a reader away into whatever world she’s created so much so that we believe the characters real and we want them in our lives. The world she created in Diablo feels so real that I want to visit it…or maybe live there.
One of the very many things I love about a Dane romance is that when her couples get together they’re together and the conflict comes from outside sources and we get to see them come together and become stronger as a couple instead of breaking up and getting back to together. This is the case with Katie and Jace.
Instead of doing a long post about how much I love anything that Dane writes I’m just going to bullet point the things you need to know about this book…or more like the things I LOVED about it.
- Jace is one freaking hot Alpha Wolf
- Katie has learned to stand on her own two feet and no wolf is going to tell her who she can and can’t see
- They spend a lot of time frustrated because their sexy times keep getting interupted
- There’s an amazing set of secondary characters (did you expect anything less from a Dane book)
- There’s LOTS of drama happening in Diablo Lake that’s impacting everyone.
- Your e-reader may catch on fire when Jace and Katie finally get together
- Things are shaking up in Diablo Lake and not everyone is going to like the fallout
- I can’t wait for the next book that features Katie’s best friend and a wolf from the pack that hates Jace’s pack
I will admit that after I read it the first time I went back and re-read the book again because yes it’s just that good. If you’ve never picked up a Lauren Dane, first shame on you, and second this is the perfect opportunity for you to.