Shana Galen’s Favorite Holiday Tradition
I’m lucky, or perhaps unlucky, enough to have a Christmas birthday. The benefit of this is that I’m always with family and friends on my birthday. The disadvantages (no big party with my friends) bothered me when I was a kid but don’t matter to me so much now.
My mother has a birthday near Christmas, so she was always sympathetic, and one tradition she began was celebrating my birthday on Christmas Eve, so I would have my own day to open presents. I’ve continued this tradition and added to it. We all gather on Christmas Eve to have dinner and birthday cake. After the presents are opened, we drink eggnog and watch one of my favorite movies, It’s a Wonderful Life. Then we set out cookies and milk for Santa, and it’s off to bed.
Shana’s Christmas List
I’ll be asking Santa for these titles!
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- A Little Bit Wicked by Robyn DeHart
- Lessons from a Scandalous Bride by Sophie Jordan
- Seven Nights in a Rogue’s Bed by Anna Campbell
- His Mistletoe Bride by Vanessa Kelly
* Shana is also giving a copy of When You Give A Duke A Diamond to one person for Christmas. Just leave a note for Shana to be entered.*