Tex Mex Sugar Cookies
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 tablespoons whole milk
1 teaspoon lemon extract
3-1/4 cups flour
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
Sugar for dusting
• Cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
• Add the eggs one at a time, milk and lemon extract. Mix well.
• In another bowl shift together flour, baking powder and salt.
• Slowly mix into butter/sugar mixture.
• Spoon even sized dollops on parchment-lined baking sheet.
• Sprinkle cookies with sugar and a hint of chili powder.
• Bake 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
This cookie is sweet and soft and has a real kick. The sweet and savory are a nice blend.