It’s time to reveal our top Historical Reads of 2012. For some reason this genre didn’t get read as much as it has in years past. I’m not sure why either especially considering we are all such big historical romance fans.
Heather’s Top 5
1. Forever a Lord by Delilah Marvelle ~I have been anxious for this book ever since I read the prequel to the series. I have to say that it was very much worth the wait, and he was the best historical hero I read all year.
2. Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks ~Graeme and Eveline were seriously one of the best couples I read this year. I could seriously go on and on about this couple but well I’ll just tell you to read the review and then go buy your own copy of the book.
3. Thief of Shadows by Elizabeth Hoyt ~ Winter & Isabel were an unlikely couple and yet they worked on so many levels. And when Winter does what he does to save the children’s home that is his entire life, you can’t help but fall in love with him even more.
4. The Lady Risks All by Stephanie Laurens ~ Of all the Stephanie Laurens heroes I never thought anyone would replace the Bar Cynster’s as my favorite of her heroes, but I was wrong Roscoe is now my favorite of her heroes and Miranda is the perfect heroine for him.
5. A private Duel with Agent Gunn by Jillian Stone ~ Each book in this series gets better, and I have to admit Finn and Cat were so great together. Not only do they have to battle their attraction to each other, the events that happened when they were together the first time, but also a new threat.
Honorable mentions go to The Seduction of Elliot McBride by Jennifer Ashley and A Lady by Midnight by Tessa Dare.
Helen’s Top 5
1. Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks
Janon’s Top 4 ~ I think it was the year of Lisa Klyepas for Janon 😀