In my opinion one of the best parts of BBAW is getting to read all the interviews of the different bloggers and finding new blogs. This year I got to interview Naida The Bookworm, and it was fun. Her blog is now bookmarked and one that I check out daily. So sit back and meet Naida
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m a married mom of two great kids, and I have a furbaby named Diego. I read every day and I like to blog about books 😉 I also crochet.
2. How long have you been blogging? What got you started blogging?
I started my book blog in May of 2007. I love to read and discuss books and blogging was the perfect way to combine the two. I’ve met so many great book bloggers out there, it’s really an amazing thing.
3. Who are your top 5 go to authors?
Alice Hoffman, Philippa Gregory, Dean Koontz, Stephen King and Jane Austen.
4. What was the book that got you started on your love of reading?
Well, i’ve always enjoyed reading and can’t remember a time when I wasn’t reading something or other. In my early twenties, I fell in love with Margaret Mitchell’s Gone With the Wind then after that I began to read the classics. That’s when I discovered Jane Austen and my obession with Pride & Prejudice took off from there.
5. What 5 books are in your 72 hour kit? (if there was an emergency and you had to evacuate taking only what you had out aside for an emergency)
Oh my gosh, I’d run and grab Pride & Prejudice, Twilight, The Shining, Gone With the Wind and my copy of Emily Dickinson’s poems.
6. In your opinion who are the 10 most influential writers of all time.
Great question! I’d have to say William Shakespeare, Jane Austen, JRR Tolkien, Stephen King, Poe, Kate Chopin, Charles Dickens, Walt Whitman, Emily Dickinson and Emily Bronte to name a few.
7. What is your favorite genre? Why?
I read just about anything but I tend to gravitate more towards romance, historical fiction or mystery. It really depends on my mood. I also love the classics.
8. Your least favorite genre? Why?
I don’t read too much non-fiction. No reason really, but I have to be very interested in the topic to pick up a non-fiction book.
9. If you could read anywhere where would it be?
On a sandy beach somewhere tropical, laying down underneath a palm tree.
10. Where are your favorite places to find out about new books?
Online, fellow bloggers, friends and magazines.
Naida sent me a cute picture of her baby Diego….
So head on over to Naida’s blog and check her out, but before you do leave a post here telling me about a new blog that you have discovered that I might like, or that you just want to share and be entered in the daily contest for 1 of 4 $20 gift certificates to Borders.