I discovered Cindy Miles about a year ago on one of my library jaunts. The cover of her book In Thin Air grabbed me. I then had to read all of her books, and became a fan. Her books take place in Scotland or Wales and have to do with knights trapped as ghosts or modern men haunted by ghosts, and their very determined and plucky American heroine’s. I knew that I wanted to introduce everyone one to Cindy so I emailed her a couple of months ago to see if she would be willing to let me interview her and spotlight her. As she is a busy woman and underlines it took her a while to get back to me, but she did and she agreed. I have had a great time getting to know her.
So to start off the month here is the my interview with Cindy….
1. What is something that your fans would be shocked to know about you? LOL!I’M A NURSE AND DEATHLY AFRAID OF NEEDLES!
2. If you had to list your top five favorite books of all time what would they be? OH, STINKER! THAT’S A HARD ONE! OKAY: BRAM STOKERS DRACULA; HAUNTED GROUND BY ERIN HART; LISEY’S STORY BY STEPHEN KING; SUNRISE SONG BY KATHLEEN EAGLE; TWILIGHT BY STEPHENIE MEYER 🙂 *WAY TOO MANY FAVORITE BOOKS TO LIST AND THIS IS BY FAR ALL OF THEM!*
3. Who is your all time favorite author? STEPHEN KING. HE IS WICKED COOL AND HAS A WAY OF NOT SCARING THE YA-YA OUT OF ME UNTIL AFTER I’VE PUT THE BOOK DOWN AND GONE TO SLEEP. EEEK! 🙂
4. What is your favorite part of writing? NAMING MY CHARACTERS! IT’S SO MUCH FUN TO CREATE A CHARACTER AND NAMES ARE SO IMPORTANT!
5. If your books were to be made into movies who would play the following characters in your mind: , Gabe, Ethan, Gawan, and Tristan WOW, THAT’S HARD AS A FEW OF MY CHARACTERS ARE STRAIGHT OUT OF MY HEAD. LET’S SEE…GABE IS EASY BECAUSE I TOTALLY FASHIONED HIM AFTER GERRY BUTLER, SO…GERRY BUTLER! LOL! CHRISTIAN: BRENDAN FRASER; ETHAN: ADRIAN PAUL; GAWAN: CLIVE OWEN; TRISTAN…WELL, HE’S VERY SPECIAL AND THE ONE WHO SORT OF JUST CAME OUT OF MY HEAD, SO IF WE FIND A GUY WITH ATTRIBUTES OF ALL THE ABOVE ACTORS, LETS PICK HIM! 🙂
6. What are your top five movies? ACK! I’M A MOVIE NUT AND HAVE LOADS AND LOADS OF FAVORITES! ME AND MY KIDS ARE MOVIE-WATCHER-REPEATERS–WE WATCH OUR FAVORITES OVER AND OVER! OKAY, I’LL TRY AND PICK 5: RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK; BACK TO THE FUTURE; YOUNG GUNS; UNTOUCHABLES; SLEEPY HOLLOW. UGH! I JUST THOUGHT OF A TON MORE! LOL!
7. What are your top five tv shows? NCIS (VERY SPECIAL AGENT TONY DINOZZO IS SO MY MAN-I LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM AND CAN WATCH HIM PICK ON MCGEE AND ZIVA ALL DAY LONG!), I WANT TO BE ZIVA, I WANT ABBEY AS MY BEST FRIEND, MCGEE AS MY BROTHER, AND I’VE BEEN IN LUV WITH MARK HARMON SINCE 1979 IN 240-ROBERT!), BONES, CSI: LAS VEGAS, CRIMINAL MINDS, CSI: NY
8. If you could write anywhere in the world where would it be? SCOTLAND SCOTLAND SCOTLAND! COASTAL, PREFERABLY THE NORTH SEA! A COTTAGE WITH FULL SEA VIEWS WOULD BE NICE, AND MAYBE WITH CASTLE RUINS ON THE GROUNDS! AND A CHIP SHOP JUST UP THE ROAD!
9. If you could travel through time where would you go? OH WOW–THAT’S WAY TOO HARD LOL! LET ME START BY GOING BACK TO 1984, MY SENIOR YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL AND STOP MYSELF FROM CUTTING MY HAIR OFF TO LOOK LIKE MOLLY RINGWALD. ONLY MOLLY RINGWALD LOOKS GOOD AS MOLLY RINGWALD!!!! LOL! AND OF COURSE I’D LOVE TO CHECK OUT MEDIEVAL SCOTLAND, HANG WITH ROB ROY, LEARN TO SWORD FIGHT WITH WILLIAM WALLACE, LEARN TO SHOOT FROM BILLY THE KID, ETC. ETC.
10. What are you currently working on? RIGHT NOW I’M WORKING ON A COUPLE OF NEW PROJECTS, ONE A YOUNG ADULT ACTUALLY BUT I CAN’T SAY JUST YET! LOL! I DO HAVE PLANS TO ONE DAY WRITE A STORY FOR TWO OF MY FAVORITE GHOSTY CHARACTERS: JASON AND JUSTIN. NOT AS A COUPLE, BUT SEPARATE LOL. JK! I LOVE THEM BOTH AND WOULD LOVE FOR THEM TO EACH HAVE THEIR OWN BOOK. WE’LL SEE! AND YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK MY WEBSITE OR BLOG (I UPDATE MY BLOG MORE OFTEN) FOR UPDATES ON STORIES AND BOOK RELEASES, AND I LOVE READER EMAIL SO DROP ME A LINE!
AND THANK YOU HEATHER FOR HAVING ME HERE! IT’S AN HONOR!
Don’t forget to post a comment to be entered into the contest to win all of Cindy’s books.